5-0 win over Madrid in numbers
Barça’s exhibition against the old enemy produced a number of interesting facts, especially relating to their absolute domination of possession.
-Before the opening goal, Barça passed the ball for 1 minute 25 seconds, and immediately won back
to only lost ball. Before making it 2-0, they held onto the ball for 1 minute 17 seconds, topping
the move with Pedro’s goal.
- Barça show 15 times, but Madrid just five.
- Puyol recovered an astonishing 19 balls.
- Xavi was by far the most active player with 114 passes made out of 119
attempts, followed by Busquets with 91/102.
- Messi ended his run of goals in ten consecutive games. But both Villa’s goals came
from sublimely brilliant Messi assists.
- The Argentinian took players on 16 times, and this paid off 9 times.
- This is the fourth time Barça have hit five past Madrid at home. The first was on January
8, 1994, with a hat trick from Romario: The others were way back in 1935 and 1945.
- Guardiola has won all five of his clásicos as a coach. In these games, Barça have scored 16
goals and conceded just 2.
- Mourinho has yet to win at the Camp Nou and Cristiano Ronaldo has never scored against
- Barça are top, 197 days after winning the Liga in 2009/10.
- With 11 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat, Guardiola’s side has made the best ever Barça
start to a league campaign.