FC Barcelona beat Almeria 3-1 to consolidate their 8 point lead at the top of the league. Following are the stats from this crucial game.
- Barça has gone 29 games unbeaten in the league. They haven’t lost since September 11th
and they are 3 games away from the historical record of Reial Sociedad 79/80.
- With his 2 goals against Almeria, Leo Messi reached the total of 47 goals this season and equals his personal best (last season).
- Messi scored the 3rd penalty awarded to Barça in the League. The other two were away at Osasuna (0-3) and home to Racing Santander (3-0).
- Javier Mascherano received his fifth yellow card of the season and will miss the next league match, away to Real Madrid.
- Thiago Alcantara scored his second goal of the season, the first was also against Almeria, in the Spanish Cup.
- In the 4 matches between Barça and Almeria this season the total score has been 19-1.
- Barça’s ball possession was around 73%. The team completed 678 passes to Almeria’s 200, with Xavi the most successful passer of the ball (104 good passes from 115).
- Alves was the player who recovered most balls (14).
- Barça had 18 shots at goal, while Almeria had only 3.