Dos Santos hoping for weekend return
Giovani Dos Santos is pleased with the progress that he is making as he battles to shake off an injury that he suffered in the Copa del Rey encounter with Alcoyano last week.
The Mexican youngster stated: "I am working to be 100 per cent fit after the injury. I have never
had an ankle injury before. It still hurts, but as I have said, I intend to be fine by Thursday
when everyone will be back so that the whole squad can train together. Then I will see if I can be
available for the game on Saturday."
Reflecting on the current topic of debate, Barça's away
form, Dos Santos said: "I think the opposition plays at the best that they can against us and give
200 per cent. We have to change our rhythm and the dynamics of the when we are not at home in order
to move up the table and to stop everyone talking about this."
When asked about whether he could be set to join the Mexican squad for a pre-Olympic games
tournament in February, Dos Santos explained: "This will be resolved by the country's federation
and my club. I cannot say anything."
Eto’o coming back
Dos Santos believes that Samuel Eto'o is close to a return to action as he explained. "I
think he is improving every day and I am pleased for him. I think that he will be back playing for
us very soon."
On the matter of the responsibility placed on his and Bojan Krkic's shoulders, Dos Santos
declared "that we are in the squad and just normal players like everyone else. If we are called on
to play, we shall."