Salta el menu

Language menu

Final at Wembley: 96.267 tickets requested

Top of page


Link to related content


09.05.2011 19:27

Champions League Final at Wembley: 96.267 tickets requested

FC Barcelona’s members have requested a total of 96.267 tickets for the Champions League final in London on May 28. That sets a new record in the history of FC Barcelona.

Record applications
The 96.267 requests for tickets have set a new record for FC Barcelona. Until now, the biggest number of applications was for this year’s Copa del Rey final, for which 72,767 were requested. In third place was the Champions League final in 2005/06, when FC Barcelona fans requested 72,680 tickets for the game in Paris against Arsenal. There were 57,262 applications for the final in Rome in 2009.
The period for applications closed on Monday at 19.00, and as expected, the response has been massive. On Friday, the day requests were first accepted, there were already more applications than the 16,415 available. In total, 96.267 tickets have been requested, grouped into 44.396 applications. The draw will be held on Tuesday, live on Barça TV.

Draw Tuesday at 10.00

The venue for the draw will be the Ricard Maxenchs pressroom and will be held before a notary. The 16,415 tickets allocated to FC Barcelona fans will be distributed from the randomly generated number onwards. Only one application was allowed per member, but up to four members could apply on the same form so that they can travel together.

Allocation and collection

On May 10 and 11, the club will contact the lucky members to tell them that they have been allocated tickets and to explain how they can collect and pay for them. The club has stipulated that tickets can be collected from May 13 to 23 (except for Sunday 15, Saturday 21 and Sunday 22).

Solid commitment

When applying for tickets, members were asked to provide credit card details. If selected, those members’ cards will be automatically charged the reservation fee of 90 euros. If the payment cannot be charged, the right to purchase is lost.

Travel with FCB Viatges

FCB Viatges is offering members two options for travel to London. The return trip between Barcelona and London costs €370 by plane (including transfers to London city centre) while the cost is just €140 for those who prefer to travel by coach.

24,360 tickets for Barça

FC Barcelona get 24,360 tickets for the final, of which 220 are for reduced mobility members. Of the other 24,140, for members and supporters clubs share 85% (16,415 for members and 4,104 for supporters clubs) while the other 15% are used to cover the club’s other commitments.

Top of page

Back to top

Related content

Club News

"Barça" Magazine

Official sponsors

Copyright - FCBarcelona | Legal Terms | Buy tickets FC Barcelona | This is the FC Barcelona official website

Follow us on: Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | RSS

Back to top
Top of page