Losert is a highly experienced keeper with plenty of honours in the game.
As a youngster he joined Badel Zagreb, the strongest team in the country and was part of the
team who won the European Cup in 1992 and 1993. In total he won 7 league titles and 7 cups with
In 1999, Venio Losert took the plunge into Spanish handball, signing for Garbel Zaragoza (1999-2000). He later played for various ASOBAL League teams including Teka Cantabria (2000-01), BM Granollers (2001-04), Portland San Antonio (2004-05) and Cangas Frigoríficos del Morrazo. In the Portland team he won the ASOBAL League title.
Losert has also long been a key part of the Croatian national team, winning gold at the 1996 and 2004 Olympics, as well as silver medals in the 1995 and 2005 World Championships. He was voted Croatias player of the year in 1997.
Losert has called himself a "normal, regular and not a showy keeper. I do what's needed to keep the ball out". His stats certainly back him up and he offers the guarantee of good performances between the sticks.
FC Barcelona Cifec
- 1 Spanish Supercup (06-07)
- 1 Pyreneos Leagues (06-07)
- 1 Spanish Cup (06-07)
- 2 European Cups (91-92, 92-93)
- 7 Croatian Leagues (92-93, 93-94, 94-95, 95-96, 96-97, 97-98, 98-99)
- 7 Croatian Cups (92-93, 93-94, 94-95, 95-96, 96-97, 97-98, 98-99)
Portland San Antonio
- 1 Spanish League (04-05)
Croatia national team
- 2 Gold medals Olympic Games (Atlanta 1996 and Athens 2004).
- 2 Silver medals World Cup (Iceland 1995 and Tunisia 2005).
- Croatian best player of the year (1997).