To view this content you need the latest version of the Flash Player
At just two years of age, Carlos Ariel López was sure what he wanted to be when he grew up: a roller hockey player.
And the first step towards that dream came when he signed as a youth player at the historic San
Juan club, Unión Vecinal de Trinidad. There he developed his game and got his hands on his first
In 1997, he signed for La Coruña based Liceo, where he played for the next six seasons. In the 2003-2004 season, he was particularly strong and finished as one of the top scorers in the OK League with 30 goals in 33 games.
He has won plenty of individual trophies, including the Olímpia de Plata in 2000, which is awarded in a number of sports to the best Argentine player of the year.
Carlos López, Barcelona's only new signing for the 2004-05 season, arrives with the challenge of filling the shoes of a player who meant so much to the Club in recent years: Gaby Cairo, who has retired from roller hockey. The next stage of his impressive career begins here.
Carlos López stands out for his fighting spirit and goal scoring instinct. Although he is considered an attacking player, he is also a very difficult defender to get past. He is a skilful forward with a knack for inventiveness and can play swift one-twos. He most lethal weapons are his strength and ambition; he never gives up on a ball.
- 6 OK Leagues (2004/05, 2005/06, 2006/07, 2007/08, 2008/09, 2009/10)
- 4 European Leagues (2004/05, 2006/07, 2007/08, 2009/10)
- 5 Continental Cups (2004/05, 2005/06, 2006/07, 2007/08, 2008/09)
- 4 Spanish Supercups (2004/05, 2005/06, 2007/08, 2008/09)
- 2 Spanish Cups (2004/05, 2006/07)
- 2 Intercontinental Cups (2005/06, 2008/09)
- 1 CERS Cup (2005/06)
Unión Vecinal de Trinidad
- 1 National league (1995)
- 1 South American Championship (1997)
- 1 CERS Cup (1998/99)
- 1 European Cup (2002/03)
- 1 European Super Cup (2002/03)
- 1 Spanish Cup (2003/04)
- 1 Intercontinental Cup (2003/04)
Argentina national team
- 1 Pan-American Cup (1995)
- 1 World Cup (1999)